Worship Matters Part 2 Chapter 6: So What Does A Worship Leader Do.
This time we only read one chapter from Worship Matters and this chapter was focused on what should we as worship leaders are and what we should do. At the beginning of this chapter he talks about how some people look at churches more for their worship teams instead of their preachers. How the worship team is starting to have a greater impact than the message. The chapter wraps up with a definition of what the worship leader should be and talks about how we are going to be analyzing his definition and going through the lines of his definition in the upcoming chapters.
I have been in these situations before. I have wondered if the worship team is doing the right thing even though they might be taking away form the actual message. I have also chose churches based on their worship team instead of their messages. I feel like we will learn a lot more as we analyze the definition given to us of what a worship leader should be.
I have been in these situations before. I have wondered if the worship team is doing the right thing even though they might be taking away form the actual message. I have also chose churches based on their worship team instead of their messages. I feel like we will learn a lot more as we analyze the definition given to us of what a worship leader should be.
Agree, some how we could all been through that kind of situation, I think it could be intended and a test from God, and as people who leads worship, we should reject all temptation that could lead us to the wrong way
ReplyDeleteI like this post. I agree that worship can often be confused as more important than the message itself. While worship is super important to leading people to God, it isn't a substitute for the preacher's messages. Both elements are a huge part of the church and shouldn't be overshadowed by the other.
ReplyDelete