Worship Matters Part 3 Chapter 7: A Faithful Worship Leader

This chapter brought a really large point into my view of worship and how worship leaders should act. It talked about the potential temptations that come with worship and what it truly means to be a faithful leader. He first brings to mind the potential temptations that a worship leader faces such as fame or the effects. These things can be the most dangerous to worship leaders just because we slowly get into the concert mindset and focus on trying to overwhelm the people in the audience instead of just trying to prepare them. Finally it brings to us the definition of what I means to be faithful to God as worship leaders and what we should not focus on. The book warns us that we will inevitably be criticized on things that we do and that it is not a bad experience but will help us grow in our relationship with God.

I can directly apply my life to this because I'm always in the concert mindset whenever we go up to play during chapels or at my church. I feel pressured to do my best and don't really have a solid understanding of why I am exactly doing this. I now understand that I have to slowly let go of my concert mindset going into the worship and just understand that God has put me here for a reason and that is to glorify his name and not to try and boost my own ego or try to practice my musical skills.

Comments