Worship Matters Part 5 Chapter 9: in Jesus Christ
There are several parts to this chapter the first being about Jesus now being our temple. It talks about how the Israelites used to worship and show their adoration towards God in the temple. It continues to talk about how Jesus said that they should destroy this temple and he will raise it up in three days. We have to acknowledge that Jesus was the "temple" that he was talking about and that our worship isn't not defined by the location but by our attitude. The next major part is knowing where Jesus takes place in our worship and he takes the role of the mediator between us and God. We can see Jesus acting as a mediator when he died for us on the cross in order to bring us closer to God. The last part that I would like to bring forward out of this chapter is at the end. How to glory in the cross of Christ. We first have to identify what exactly does the cross signify. The book states that the cross not only shows the magnitude of God's love for us but also the magnitude of our sin. “Every time we step up to lead our congregation, we should present a clear picture of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. We come together to retell, remember, and respond to the gospel and all it has accomplished. We have been saved to trust in, love, desire, and obey the matchless One who is the only Savior of the world and the radiance of the Father’s glory.
I figured that I could end up apply this whenever I take the time to stop my hectic life and worship. That one of my primary thoughts when going to church on Sunday or leading worship anytime would be Will our time together cause people’s view of, trust in, and desire for God’s glory in Christ and him crucified to increase?
I figured that I could end up apply this whenever I take the time to stop my hectic life and worship. That one of my primary thoughts when going to church on Sunday or leading worship anytime would be Will our time together cause people’s view of, trust in, and desire for God’s glory in Christ and him crucified to increase?
Comments
Post a Comment