Worship Matters Part 10: Chapter 14 ... Thereby Motivating the Gathered Church
It has been a while since the last post but moving on to chapter 14 is much easier than I thought. As it is stated in the title you can clearly see this chapters focus is the motivation of the church's society. The chapter jumps into an example that many worship leaders can relate with and that is motivating the band to follow them. It immediately follows that example by telling us that there are many different ways that we can be incorrect in trying to motivate others. A few would be that we don't want to force everyone to worship God and try to motivate the people through manipulation. We have to understand that sometimes we will not be able to motivate the worshippers and that only God can illuminate a worshiper’s heart. But he often uses means to do that. And three important means are my example, my exhortations, and my encouragement. My example means that we need to check our facial expressions and other things while worshipping so we can set an example for the worshippers to follow when they worship God. The others can be read from the book. Don't want to spoil everything.
This truly impacted me by giving me the idea that I need to show the joy that I have while playing music and worshipping God through my body on stage not only to show that I am enjoying the music but to set an example for worshippers and for people looking into the prospect of becoming a Christian and show them how much fun it is to worship God.
This truly impacted me by giving me the idea that I need to show the joy that I have while playing music and worshipping God through my body on stage not only to show that I am enjoying the music but to set an example for worshippers and for people looking into the prospect of becoming a Christian and show them how much fun it is to worship God.
It's good that you want to show your happiness and joy when worshipping God, it can really inspire those looking at you when we perform. I always hope that those who see my actions realize that I'm doing it for God, not just myself. Thanks for not spoiling the end of the chapter, don't you hate it when that happens?
ReplyDeleteI also agree that we should set an example to the audience, but it can be hard when you are up on stage infront of everyone. I like how honest you were in the reflection section. I also need to work on showing joy and body movement on stage. LOL
ReplyDeleteSetting a good example on stage is definitely important. We may not be able to force others to worship, only God can lift people’s hearts up, but we can definitely make it easier for them to. I like what you said about how worshipping is fun. We get caught up in the importance and seriousness of it and forget that worshipping can be a fun activity too.
ReplyDeleteGood Job Ethan! Yes, we should show our joy during worship, because that’s what God wished for us the most. Keep it up man, show them the joy!
ReplyDeleteYes Ethan setting an example is so true. We can't always be the one during worship brining influence to others. But when we are honest and raw that when God really moves
ReplyDelete