Worship Matters Part 11 Chapter 15: ... proclaiming the gospel ...

Last chapter was focused on how we as worship leaders can end up motivating the congregation while not seeming like we are trying to force our ideals on them. This chapter is continuing on that idea but focusing more on how to proclaim the gospel in different ways. First, we need to understand what exactly the word proclaim means. Luckily, it is defined in the first line and is said that proclamation means displaying the truth about God. We might wonder why we have to proclaim but it says that we were saved for that very reason. We want to proclaim to others the wonders of a God and have them saying that the gospel of Jesus Christ Matters. There is a huge section in the middle explaining how we can connect the Gospel of God with our life. However, I wish to focus on the part that talks about how we can proclaim the Gospel together and to yourself. As we help people understand the relationship between God’s love for us in Christ and our daily struggles and challenges, their love and appreciation for the gospel will grow. We need to take the initiative to reach out to others and proclaim to them the importance of the Gospel instead of leaving them on their own to find the meaning.

Before I read this I believed that people would, if they tried hard enough, would eventually find a reason to worship and find the importance of God's word. However, throughout this year of worship I've noticed that many people are struggling in their pursuit of a God and need that extra push from someone else and that I shouldn't wait and be that person to give them that extra help.

Comments

  1. This is awesome! I love the detail you gave which really showed the depth of the chapter. I totally agree with you about how we need to know the gospel in order to proclaim it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great summary of the chapter. I agree that we shouldn’t wait for someone else to show people the gospel, we should step up and do it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worship Matters Part 4 Chapter 8: Magnifies the Greatness of God