Worship Matters Part 15 Chapter 19: Transcendent and Immanent
In the next couple chapters we will be reviewing the nine different kinds of healthy tensions as stated in the previous chapter. This chapter focuses on the two which are transcendent and immanent. Transcendent means that God is independent from and superior to his creation. As we worship God, we must recognize that he is not us. We have to know the appropriate response to God being transcendent which is to honor and respect him. Worship that approaches God casually loses sight of this truth. In our sincere desire to help others view God as approachable, we must not forget that God is wholly unlike us. Next up the book states that God’s immanence takes on radical new meaning for Christians: God is not only with us—he actually dwells in us. Finally the chapter talks about how to maintain healthy tensions in God's immanence and transcendence. One option is to recognize that different services can reflect different themes.
I need to apply these to my life so I can slowly understand different people worshipping and this is to help me so I don't end up blindly following a worship leader that may be ignoring these important parts of worship. These tensions will help me find the right path to follow.
I need to apply these to my life so I can slowly understand different people worshipping and this is to help me so I don't end up blindly following a worship leader that may be ignoring these important parts of worship. These tensions will help me find the right path to follow.
Comments
Post a Comment