Worship Matters Part 16 Chapter 20: Head and Heart

Wow what a treat huh. We are also going to be covering chapter 20 this week as well. This chapter is going to be a continuation of the last part and what is connecting them is the idea of how to maintain healthy tensions in these things. It is a relatively short chapter split into three parts. Using your head, using your heart, and keeping emotions in check. The first part concerns God wanting our worship to be intelligent and informed. God wants us to go beyond the surface level interpretation of the songs and verses used and try to find the hidden meaning for us. We can also expand our surface level interpretations into something that everyone ranging from non believers, children and adults can comprehend by defining words and connecting them. Next is using your heart, this part is about how we can stir up our emotions from the heart to be something more than just shallowly celebrating God. He is addressing the major problem of churches to be the shallow and non passionate worship and we need to change that. Finally the last part concerning keeping our emotions in check, it is pretty much just saying that we may want the experiences and emotions that we get from worship instead of remembering the initial ideal and that is to worship God and praise him so we need to control our emotions so they don't overshadow God.


I can apply this to my life by changing how I feel towards worship. It is currently second semester of senior year in high school and I am exhausted and running on fumes. I need to refresh myself and be glad that I have this opportunity to worship and praise God and rejuvenate my energy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worship Matters Part 4 Chapter 8: Magnifies the Greatness of God